Wednesday 15 October 2014

Good morning…….there is something fishy about this.


Good morning sweethearts, did you sleep well my darlings? Are you ready for a new day? The sun is shining, a promising day is starting….have a good stretch….breakfast is coming…. come on my sweethearts….my darlings come on…….JJJJJJJ



This certainly is a promising start and this is only the beginning of today’s blog. In the beginning I wrote in English and I started a blog in Dutch yesterday. I was very surprised to read that you all have read my Dutch blog. It was so very rewarding to find out that you appreciate my blog and I am so very thankful for your attention; my day started with a big smile.
I am convinced that you do not speak Dutch, but there is no language barrier, because Bengal lovers are fluent in “Catlovers speech”.


 What was the Dutch blog about?
The first weeks the babies  were snuggled up to each other; a close-knit bundle of joy. This was every morning : " Good morning sweethearts, did you sleep well my darlings?" "Are you ready for a new day?"  The sun is shining, a promising day is starting….have a good stretch….breakfast is coming…. come on my sweethearts….my darlings come ".  JJJJJ
Some kittens are stretching but prefer to snooze a bit more. Some kittens want to start heir day and instantly they will have a problem. How do you deal with your sisters lying on top of you?
First call mummy: ”meeeoooow!” "Mummy where are you, meeeoooow ."
Well I have to find a way out myself, perhaps some wriggling will help, or squirming. Perhaps squeaking will help or wriggling and sqeaking.I want to get from under them, I want my breakfast. Where is mummy? ”meeeoooow!”



"All together now”

Bengal mums are very keen on hygiene, so they spent cleaning the kittens for the most part of the day. The kittens are not amused by their mothers cleaning frenzy, but they have to undergo it. They want to spent the whole day running and playing and they often offer resistance. Mostly in vain, mummy lays down the law.
When they are  about 4 weeks old we introduce the litterbox. We use a special brand of litter suitable for kittens, because their first impulse can be eating the grains. The litterbox means great fun and the kittens amuse themselves for hours. Instinctive they start digging so:
 "all together now, get in and dig! "
In seconds as much grains lay out of the box as in the litterbox. It does not matter everybody is having fun, cats and people.
After having fun, we have to learn the kittens how to use the litterbox properly. We have to observe the kittens closely and as soon as a kitten is sitting down, we have to focus on that kitten. Sometimes a kitten sits down to take a break, or to decide what it is going to do next, or it is looking for a sparring partner. Keeping focus on the expression of their faces and the way they hold their tails, we suppose that a kitten has to do ” a wee, wee.”
A quick reaction is necessary, because you have to lift up the kitten and put it in the litterbox. When you are right the kitten is doing its business while being raised and you have to change the blankets. Fortunately Bengal kittens are extremely cleaver and they understand the purpose of the litterbox in a few days.
We clean their little litterbox every few hours, but we put a few “stinky presents” back in their cleaned litterbox. Perhaps we do not like that, but remember what I told you earlier. Smell gives a cat important data, so they will recognize their litterbox.
 
 

Dear catlovers have a good day enjoying the good company of friends mischief. JJJJJ    

Love Conny
 


 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment