Saturday 26 July 2014

A new kitten life and the story behind it.. Part One

Can't see yet but happy to be here
Sitka is the daughter of Shadee, she went to visit our Stud Storm and had her first litter in April 2014. Here i will describe our experiences during the birth or her first kittens.







Sitka is a friendly cat, but that changed when she gave birth. She had chosen the playpen in our living room and she had spent several days rearranging the interior. She was also sitting on the edge of the playpen so we covered her den. Sitka knows all about home improvement. The day she gave birth her mood changed instinct and hormones took over and she suddenly tried to steal Wasilla’s kitten Ginger on the Rocks. Since then I know the meaning of the word catfight.


I managed to soothe Wasilla and looked for Sitka. She hid in the kitchen and lied in the litterbox and when I carried her out I saw her first kitten. Preparing for the birth you have to take care that the litterbox is clean and now I know why. I was shocked but after a few minutes my instinct took over and I got a soft towel, wrapped the kitten in it and started to rub the grains of letters of.  All the time Sitka was looking at me with her big yellow eyes and meowed softly and I was muttering softly so she wouldn’t get worried.
Sitka had calmed down and lied regal in her den and washed her kitten, evidently I didn’t do it properly. Heartbreaker was focussed to get his first feed and when he succeeded to escape his mother’s washing regime he climbed in the direction of his mother’s nipple. After several attempts he succeeded and gripped the nipple.

After a few hours his sister was born.

Ten days later his eyes opend……and he started to mesmerise  everybody. :)
The ground is so soft and nice..

What adventures lie ahead i wonder?
Which way to adventure..? I'll try this way :)


 
















You can also visit me at my website:

http://www.airashii.nl/



(leave a comment or request if you feel like it)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment