Saturday 9 August 2014

A dream came true

Shadee's first litter.
She is a very special cat to me, her mother Shadee came to live with us because Wanata, our first Bengal,was very lonely and needed a soul mate. There had always been cats in my live and I had a dream……














Wanata, the charger.

Wanata the charger. The start of my Bengal passion, always active and always happy to see me. In a few days he became the master of the house and the mini jungle behind it. He developed from a most adorable kitten in to a beautiful Bengal. He could change in seconds from a seducer into a hunter or an athlete and he was mesmerising.He certainly liked me, but he needed someone to join his Bengal activities playing with me was not good enough.




Shadee came to live with us because Wanata was very lonely and needed a soul mate. I hoped they could became good friends, well they did. When she was a little kitten she was never far away from him, she followed him every where.  Wanata took his role very seriously, he took care of her, washed her , played with her and learned her all that a Bengal should know. Wanata and Shadee were always together, playing, running after each other or hunting in the garden. When they were tiered of all their adventures they slept together.
Happy Bengal days!:) Love was everywhere.


My dream grew stronger and stronger, could  there be a litter?
I took up a course and learned as much as I could about cats and particularly Bengal cats. I visited several catteries and I found  mentors: two very experienced Bengal breeders and most important, Bengal lovers.
I was learning every day, doing my homework, observing Wanata and Shadee, reading about Bengals, talking about Bangals dreaming about Bengals and learning from my mentors. My dream grew stronger every day.  We are going to have kittens, Wanata, Shadee and I!:)

There was a tiny problem: Wanata couldn’t father the kittens and Ivan broadend his knowledge about genealogy and finaly a sire was chosen.
On 20-03-2012 Shadee's first litter was born: Aziko, Akiko en Ajram.

And with that my dream came true :)

Have a happy Bengal day every one,

Conny


 









No comments:

Post a Comment