Friday 20 February 2015

Baby frolicking about in the snow


Our cats love to be in the garden. We have made our garden a safe place for them where they can play, run, climb and run.  This morning Baby discovers the snow in the garden and she wants to get into the garden.

Baby is one year old and she is the only daughter of Tsukiko and Storm, she has four brothers. Baby likes to play, to run, to jump and to hunt but she also likes to sleep on top of the cupboard in the living room. She likes high places so she can keep an eye on things.
In the garden she is a real predator, she is always on the hunt, her eyes, nose, and ears fixed on the plants. She really loves to observe birds; as soon as she sees or hears one, she would call the others to join her in a hunt.
Early this morning she discovers Mr. Robin he was singing in the hedge and she wants to get into the garden immediately. “MEOOOOOW “

 

How to catch a robin?
First, you have to observe his habits. Where does he prefer to sing his song?Then you have to hide in the bushes near his stage as soon as he enters the garden. As soon as he enters, his stage and start to sing you have to wait for the right moment.Fortunately, I have the perfect camouflage in the snow, so I think I will be lucky to day. It is matter of patience and focussing on my prey and patience, a lot of patience.
 


Baby seems to have a unique relation with Mr. Robin. He lives in our garden for years and years and is a happy Robin. Our garden is his territory and he will not put up with any other Robin. Spring is here and Mr. Robin is getting a bit lovesick. This morning he calls Mrs. Robin and he sings with all his heart.mr. Robin is a small bird, but he sings his songs in a loud voice. Mrs. Robin can be anywhere in the neighbourhood, so he continues singing his songs wholeheartedly and without taking a break.Finely Mrs. Robin skips into the garden now the couple is complete and Mr. Robin sings an special aria for his beloved wife. They do not nest in our garden, but they build a tiny nest in the public garden behind our garden. They are very satisfied with this solution, but Mr. Robin is very busy to defend d his two territories for sure.He is very privileged to have a s safe nest and a larder filled with insects in our garden.

 

 
 
 
Enough frolicking in the snow, it is time for the hunt. Let’s go to my favourite hide out under the Acer. I will have a unobstructed view on the pond and the grasses.

 
 
The snow has covered all hiding places of those critters, considering that those critters have a new tactic I will have to think up a new strategy. At first, I will have a thorough search in the grasses, perhaps there is one still hiding under there.
Negative.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Those clever critters have to be hiding somewhere.

 

 
 
 
 
Finely I have the perfect camouflage; this is real life for a Snow Bengal.
 
 
There is truly nothing in sight. How that possible, where are those critters. I see That Ginger is searching between the plants too and she is doing that very thorough. I am sure she also  does not find a critter there.

 

The best hunting tactic is: waiting, stalking, listening, waiting, stalking, listening, waiting, stalking, listening……………………….

 

 

 
 
Regrettable patience is very difficult for me actually I do not like waiting very much. I like running and hunting the critters that are fleeing for me. With a supper fast action, I will catch them, because I am Baby the Super Snow Bengal.

 

Hey I think I hear some rustling!

 
 
I hear Mr. Robin singing his merry song in the hedge. He is challenging me for sure, outbraving little rascal. Shall I try catching him with a super-fast sprint? I do not think so, he is very clever.
 
 
 
 
 Gosh what is Mr. Robin making a spectacle of himself, hear him singing, a million decibels for sure. Is it worth a try to catch him?

 

  Meow I think that I will relax here and enjoy the snow and the sun. In the mean time I can watch Ginger and Sammy you're frolicking
 
 
Spring is coming soon, enjoy this Sunny day.
 Love Conny

 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 
 

 
 

 

 

 

 

                                       Enjoy spring is coming soon.

 

                                              Love Conny

 

 

 

 

It was actually really inspiring to see

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment