Saturday 20 September 2014

Sandpaper kisses


Ajram
A month ago I had to undergo surgery and when I came home the Bengals were very happy to see me. They jumped on my lap and there was a lot of meowing. A week later I had to go back to the hospital and I had to stay there for 3 weeks. I missed my cats terribly and I imagined how happy they will be , when I would return home again.
My home coming failed to live up to my expectations, the Bengals did not show any appreciation to my presence. I felt terribly disappointed....


 
 
When I came home I sat down at the foot of the stairs and looked at them and they looked back at me, not showing the same happy reaction as the first time. I tried to get their attention but they staid where they were...
I called their names and talked to them but there was no reaction and when I tried to touch them they moved away a few centimetres instead of coming closer to me.  In my mind I wondered what had happened, they seemed to have forgotten me and that after just after three weeks!!
 
As I felt saddend by the lack of reaction from the cats, Ajram jumped on my lap and gave me "sandpaper kisses". The others looked at Ajram giving me kisses and welcoming me home. I was so very happy that at least one of them loved me, or so I thought...
 
Looking but no kisses for me..
 
How wrong can one be.. Ajram wasn’t kissing me at all. She was horrified because I carried the horrendous smell of the hospital. She was diligently washing me instead of kissing me. She had taken the responsibility upon herself to do the job and the others  saw that she did her job satisfactory.  Having seen her washing her kittens she was now washing me in the same manner.       I know had to do something If I wanted have some skin left... Talking to her did not help, she was focussed on removing the horrendous smell from my face. Scratching behind her ears was a better idea. :)
Our Airashii ladies are very particular about their personal hygiene, they take very good care of their pelt. Airashii’s ladies only wear "Airashii no 5" and any other scent is not accepted.
 
I am happy to be back and smelling like "Airashii no 5" again.
 
 
 
 
 
Have a great Bengal day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Conny Schiffer and the Bengals

No comments:

Post a Comment